Which surfaces does Miko 2 like?
Miko 2 likes flat, smooth surfaces to play. You can choose to let it walk on simple carpets but not heavily threaded ones with loose fibers.
Also, make sure that the surface is not reflective like glass as Miko 2’s sensors may get distracted on such surfaces.
Wooden tables and floors are the ideal surfaces for your Miko 2 to perform as designed.
How can I talk to Miko 2?
Miko 2 is a total chatterbox and is always up for a good chat with its little friends. After you set up your Miko 2 you’ll see Miko 2’s face on the display screen and its rim lights will be a steady blue. This means it is ready to talk!
Say “Hello, Miko!” and your Miko 2 will start listening. Its Rim Lights will rotate green, indicating that it is ready to listen to your next command.
Once you’ve given Miko 2 your command, its Rim Lights will rotate blue indicating that it is processing and thinking about your command.
Once Miko 2 has finished talking, you can say “Hello, Miko” again for another command.
To check your last command, click the left scroll to view the ‘Do you mean?’ screen. For more suggestions based on your last command, click the right scroll to view the ‘Ask Miko’ screen!
If you want Miko 2 to stop talking, click the back button!
Some things to ask Miko 2
- What is the square of 13?
- What is the square-root of 1600?
- Who was Archimedes?
- What is the Pythagoras theorem?
- How many continents are there in the world?
- Who was Picasso?
- Play a nursery rhyme
- Can you play Happy Birthday?
- Can you wish (name) Happy Birthday?
- Can you move front/back?
- When is your birthday?
- Where were you born?
- Where is your family?
- What is your favourite food?
How to use the Touch Panel
You can not only talk to Miko 2 but also manually interact with it with the help of the Touch Panel below the display screen of the robot.
The Touch Panel is your key to manually navigate through apps inside Miko 2 and also has some special functions.
You will see four keys on the panel. Let us understand what they mean:
The circular key at the centre is the Select Button. The arrows on its side are the Right Scroll and the Left Scroll. The triangular key is the Back Button.
If the display screen is showing Miko 2’s face, you can talk to it by long pressing the Select Button to talk to Miko 2. Try it now!
Press the Select Button to enter Miko 2’s Menu and press the Right and Left Scrolls to toggle through the Menu. Press the Select Button to enter an app and the Back Button to exit.
If you are exploring Miko 2’s apps, it won’t be able to take your commands. You can always exit the app and come back to Miko 2’s face to enable Miko 2 to take commands.
Some Commands to give Miko 2
You can try the following set of commands. Just say, “Hello Miko!” followed by the command.
Ask Miko 2 to move
- Move Front/Back
- Turn Right/Left
- Go in a Triangle
- Go in a Circle.
- Move in a Pentagon
- Make an Octagon
Ask Miko 2 to change light colours
- Turn Red
- Turn Pink
- Turn Blue
- Turn Purple
- Turn Green
- Turn Yellow
Ask Miko 2 about Conversion
- Convert 1 United States Dollar in Indian Rupees
- Convert 1 bar to Pascal
- Convert 1 Celsius to Fahrenheit
- Convert 1 hour to minutes
- Convert 1 US liquid gallon to US liquid quart
Ask Miko 2 about Distance between places
- What is the distance between Moon and Earth?
- What is the distance between Earth and Mars?
- What is the distance between Andheri to Bandra?
- What is the distance from India to USA?
Ask Miko 2 to play a Rhyme
- Play a nursery rhyme
- Play the nursery rhyme London Bridge
Ask Miko 2 the Time/Date/Year
- What time is it?
- What time is it in London?
- What is the date? OR What’s the date? OR What is today?
- Which year is it?
“What” Type of Questions
- What is your name?
- What is the capital of China?
- What does laser mean?
“Why” Type of Questions
- Why is the grass green?
- Why is the sky blue?
“Who” Type of Questions?
- Who is the Navy Chief of India?
- Who invented the Telephone?
- Who was the first person to walk on the moon?
- Who wrote the National Anthem of India?
“Which” Type of Questions
- Which is the longest river?
- Which is the fastest land animal?
- Which is the largest mammal?
“How” Type of Questions
- How far is the moon?
- How many countries are there on Earth?
- How tall is the Eiffel Tower?
- How far is Pune from Mumbai?
“Where” Type of Questions
- Where is the Taj Mahal?
- Where is the Bermuda Triangle?
- Where is Mumbai?
Ask Miko 2 for Multiplication tables (2-15)
- Tell multiplication tables for 2
- Tell multiplication tables for 10
- Tell multiplication tables for 25
Ask Miko 2 for News
- Tell me the news
- What’s in the news?
- Give me some news
- News updates, please
- Play the news for me
- What’s in the news today?
- Update me with some news
Set an Alarm/Reminder
- Set an alarm for 7 a.m.
- Set an alarm for 7 in the morning.
- Set a reminder for tomorrow for 7 a.m.
- Set a reminder for 10th March at 9 a.m.
- Set a reminder in 10 minutes.
Ask about the weather
- What is the weather outside?
- What is the weather in London?
- How is the weather today in Mumbai?
- How is the weather like today?
Ask Miko 2 to play a Song
- Play a song.
- Please play a song.
- Play a song for me.
- Can you play a song for me?
Ask Miko 2 to Dance
- Can you dance?
- Dance for me.
- Please dance for me.
- Can you dance for me?
Ask Miko 2 to tell you a Riddle
- Can you tell me a riddle?
- Tell me a riddle.
- Please tell me a riddle.
Ask Miko 2 to tell you Jokes
- Can you tell me a joke?
- Tell me a joke.
- Please tell me a joke.
Ask Miko 2 to tell you Fun Facts
- Can you tell me a fun fact?
- Tell me a fun fact.
- Please tell me a fun fact.
Ask Miko 2 to do Maths calculations
- What is 10 plus 5?
- What is 10 minus 5?
- What is 10 multiplied by 5?
- What is 10 divided by 5?
Ask Miko 2 for Definitions
- Define Onomatopoeia.
- Define Internet.
- Tell me the Definition of Ecosystem.
- What is the Meaning of Inculcate?
Ask Miko 2 to Spell
- Spell “Mississippi”
- Can you spell “astronaut”?
- What is the spelling of “grammar”?
- Please spell “pronunciation”
Making Miko 2 sleep
Miko 2 loves to play and often skips sleep-time in its excitement. If you are not in a mood to play or want to give the little bot a break, you can make Miko 2 sleep. Miko 2’s sleep mode is actually the power saving mode. The battery can be saved up to days thanks to this mode.
To make your Miko 2 go to sleep, keep it inactive for 10 minutes or single press the Power Button on Miko 2’s back.
Psst…Miko 2 snores!
Power off Miko 2
Long pressing the Power Button will switch Miko 2 off. However, if Miko 2 is being charged, you won’t be able to power it off.
Waking Miko 2 up
To wake up this sleepy head, gently poke it or roll it on its wheels front to back.
How to control volume on Miko 2
You can increase or decrease the volume by using the volume switches at the back of Miko 2.
Remember to check volume settings if Miko 2 is unusually quiet.
With that, you are now all set to explore the amazing world of Miko 2. Happy Miko 2 time!